Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Adobe Community Professionals 2010


As the name of the blog implies, my main passion these days is photography. Truly love it! And creating my site/blog was my way of keeping me up to date with my photography (although, i admit, i must update my blog more often). But my day job is all about Print Production and Graphic Arts. Over 10 years of page layouts, fonts, pre-flights, paper, ink, etc.

Back then, my main tools for the job involved Photoshop, Freehand (how i miss you!) and QuarkXpress (how i don't miss you!). Then came a program named InDesign. First version was... ok. Version 2 was great! Ever since, I was hooked; I knew then Quark's days on the top was numbered.

A couple of years ago, my buddy José Ramos became Chapter Representative of the InDesign User Group in Puerto Rico (the first of the Caribbean, if not the first in Latin America) and invited me to help him out. Ever since I have been involved with the group. Last year, I was invited to become Co-Chapter Rep with José, which I gladly (and humbly) accepted.

Now comes a biggie... this year I was invited to be part of the Adobe Community Professionals (formerly known as the Adobe Community Experts). I am totally psyched and honored to be in such a community. What is Adobe Community Professional? From Liz Frederick (Adobe Community Manager):

This community-based program is made up of users who share their product expertise with the worldwide Adobe community. The mission is to provide high caliber peer-to-peer communication educating and improving the product skills of Adobe customers worldwide.


As you can imagine, I am very excited about this program. My thanks to Adobe for creating such excellent tools and for truly engaging with the end user. And, for the complete list of inductees, go here!

P.S.
Yup, my buddy José is in the group, thanks José!

No comments:

Post a Comment