Sunday, September 20, 2009

365 Project Day 9 - Fence


It's late as I write this, so i'll make it short and sweet. Went to visit my wife's parents. Had a great time. Took my camera, of course!



Image: Played with depth of field here. Didn't want to go wide open at f/1.8, so I tried f/2.8. Sharp and defocused. Converted to black & white to increase contrast and eliminate some nasty distractions. Processed with Lightroom and sharpened in Photoshop.

Manual: Page 45 (Nikon D40 manual) Matrix metering. Camera meters a wide area of the frame and instantly sets exposure according to distribution of brightness, color, distance, and composition for natural results. This is what I use most of the time, pretty much gets it right.

Inspiration: Walker Evans. A superb documentarian and journalist. Some say he captured the face of the Great Depression. His images are simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment