Wednesday, September 16, 2009

365 Project Day 6 - Inspiration


in•spi•ra•tion | ˌinspəˈrā sh ən |
noun
1 the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative


Inspiration. That was lacking today for a while. With so little time to take pictures, every shot counts. But it wasn't there, until... I see my lovely wife. What a way to bring back that spark. I gotta tell you, I am a very fortunate guy. Having a beautiful, smart, inspirational and supportive wife has to be one of the biggest highlights of my life. And she's a heck of a photographer too!!



Image: Took a series of shots of my lovely wife, and this one just won. The look of her eyes are just beautiful. Worked some post-processing in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Manual: Page 40 (Nikon D40 manual) Flexible Program. In this mode, one can adjust the combination of shutter speed and aperture by rotating the command dial. Most people are keen on avoiding Program Mode, but i believe it can have its place. Heck, I know excellent photographers who shoot in Program Mode. What do you use? I mainly use Aperture Priority, but would use Program Mode if its needed. No shame in that!

Inspiration: Recently bought the latest Outdoor Photographer a read about Fine Arte photographer Richard Garrod. His images are stunning and his black & whites are exquisite. Truly inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment