Tuesday, September 15, 2009

365 Project Day 4 - Waiting for Time


After a no photo day, I was concerned today could be a repeat. But I took my camera, hoping to capture a moment. Sometimes one can find an image, and sometimes an image can find you. The key is to look, even if doesn't make sense. Look and wait. Or, just press the shutter...



Image: This was not intentional. Going down the stairs, a co-worker is smoking and, not "looking" for an image, I clicked the shutter. To my surprise, the image found me! FREE texture from NinianLif.

Manual: Page 47 (Nikon D40 manual) As a rule of thumb, positive compensation may be needed when the main subject is darker than the background, negative values when the main subject is brighter than the background.

Inspiration: Dorothea Lange. Famous for her Migrant Mother image. She captured images that marked a time not many are proud of, but at the same time, can show us were we could be headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment