Friday, September 25, 2009

365 Project Day 14 - Happy Feet


Memphis: Whatcha doin' there, boy?

Baby Mumble: [tap dancing] I'm happy, Pa!

Memphis: Whatcha doin' with your feet?

Baby Mumble: [looks down] They're happy, too!


Had a rough day, but when you see your lovely wife and hear good music (hearing My Sharona from The Knack as I write this), you just get happy!

*quote from the movie Happy Feet.



Image: Relaxing, took a self portrait with my feet! This image reminded me a lot Lee Friedlander (see below). Converted to black & white in Lightroom with some minor dodging with the Adjustment Brush. By the way, if you haven't used the new Wacom Intuos 4, I got one word for you: WOW!!

Manual: Page 41 (Nikon D40 manual) Shutter Speed and Camera Shake. To prevent blur caused by camera shake, the shutter speed should be faster than the inverse of the focal length of the lens, in seconds (for example, when using a lens with a focal length of 300mm, choose a shutter speed faster than 1/300s). This really useful, never thought of this!

Inspiration: Lee Friedlander. An accomplished commercial photographer, made his name for his social images. I am awestruck with his style of photography. If I were to aspire to a style or genre, observing Lee's images would be a good way to start. I can't say enough great things about him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment