Wednesday, September 23, 2009

365 Project Day 12 - Cargo Zone


Today was hunting day... hunting for an image, that is!



Image: When I left work, I was intrigued by the sign. Snapped a shot. When I reviewed the image, I wasn't that excited. Wish I has a wider lense so I could capture the whole sign, but after working the image in Lightroom, decided to upload it. This 365 project has got me working on what to look, although I admit I have to work on my composition. Got a year for this!

Manual: Page 48 (Nikon D40 manual) Flash compensation. Used to alter flash output by from –3EV to +1EV in increments of 1/3EV, changing the rightness of the main subject relative to the background. Flash output can be increased to make the main subject appear brighter, or reduced to prevent unwanted highlights or reflections. Used it a couple of times, although I really want an external flash. An SB-900?

Inspiration: Ben Shahn. Another photog from the FSA, but this one is very interesting. He was actually a very accomplished artist (he assisted Diego Rivera). He was recommended to the FSA by friend and former roommate Walker Evans. Although his career as a photographer didn't last long, his vision was certainly unique, as cited from the book Documentary Photography: his painter's conception made many of his photographs persuasive works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment